Thursday, August 22, 2013

School Photo - 1923 St. Paul, Lee County, Iowa

Thanks to all for getting me to 1000 page views! It happened much faster than I expected.

Here is the school photo of St. Paul, Lee County, Iowa from 1923. We're pretty sure it's 1923 but if someone has hard evidence that it's from another year, I'll be sure to correct my information. The reason we believe it's 1923 is because we believe we see my uncle, Urban Panther, in the second row, on and immediately to the right of the crack. He is numbered #28 in this photo. If this is indeed Urban, then this would be from 1923 because he's in the second row, which corresponds to second grade. The St. Paul school lines up the students in rows corresponding to their grade. Front row is first grade, second row is second grade etc.

Do you recognize anyone in this photo? If so, please leave a comment below or send me an email!


No comments:

Post a Comment