Thursday, November 4, 2021

Your Ancestors' Home Town on YouTube - Mösbach, Ortenaukreis, Baden, Germany Videos

 I did a search for the town my great-grandfather Aloys Panther was born in and emigrated from when he came to America. I was surprised how many videos there are available, given how small the town is. The first I'll list is the official YouTube channel for the town of Achern.

On their page, I found a good video about their annual cherry blossom festival:


My next favorite video I found is a drone flying tour around the town, showcasing the blossoming cherry trees in the spring:


Another great one is a drive through the town:


Here's another great drone flight over the town:


Finally is a skit/performance put on by the music organization "Musikverein "Harmonie" Mösbach". My great-grandfather was a founding member of this group.


Do a search around YouTube and Vimeo for your ancestors' hometowns. You may be surprised with what you find!

--Matt

1 comment:

  1. I was very surprised to find a great little video on Hajtovka, Slovakia, home to my grandmother's family. It's a thriving metropolis of 91 people today! It's pretty amazing what can be found on YouTube.

    ReplyDelete