1. John Anthony Miller "Jack" was born on 16 Jun 1929 in Fort Madison, Lee, Iowa. He died on 21 Jan 2000 in Columbus, Platte County, Nebraska. He was buried on 25 Jan 2000 in St. Bonaventure Catholic Cemetery in Columbus, Platte County, Nebraska.
|John Anthony Miller - First Communion - about 1936|
He graduated from St. Mary's Grade School in June of 1947. He joined the Navy attending the US Navy Administrative School and served until 1951. He served as Yeoman aboard the USS Skagit during the Korean War. From 1951 to 1953 he worked at the Ordinance Plant in Burlington, IA while living in Fort Madison with his wife, Agnes, where his first son was born. He worked for the Dupont Paint Factory in 1953-4 and the Santa Fe Railroad in 1954 in Fort Madison. From Barber school in Omaha, NE, he received a barber license in 1955.
From 1956-7 he was a barber apprentice in David City, NE where his next two children were born. In 1960, they moved to Columbus NE where their remaining children were born. He worked as a barber in the Downtowner barber shop, later ran his own barber shop, and worked at the Columbus Municipal water plant for 25 years. He enjoyed fishing and betting on the horse races.
|John Anthony Miller - Navy Enlistment - 1950|
2. Leo Henry Miller was born on 3 Oct 1895 in Fort Madison, Lee, Iowa. He died on 26 Aug 1975 in Fort Madison, Lee, Iowa. He was buried on 29 Aug 1975 in Fort Madison, Lee, Iowa. He married Julia Cecelia Doran on 17 Jun 1925 in Fort Madison, Lee, Iowa.
|Leo Henry Miller - About 18 Years Old - About 1913|
"When asked how they met, they told how Julia would walk to work and often would have to walk past Leo who was always standing in front of a store or on a street corner on his day off from his job. He was not much of a talker, but would always say "Hello". Then one day there was a Telephone Company benefit party coming up and each employee was to sell tickets to the affair. That time when they met and said "Hello", Julia asked if he would be interested in buying a ticket. Leo responded, "I'll buy one if you will go with me." What a sale! That was the beginning of their courtship.
|Leo Henry Miller - 1965|
4. Carl Christian Müller was born on 7 Oct 1852 in Nürtingen, Esslingen, Württemberg. He died on 20 Oct 1923 in Fort Madison, Lee County, Iowa. He was buried in Fort Madison, Lee, Iowa. He married Philomena Bixenman on 14 Apr 1891 in Wien, Chariton, Missouri.
|Carl Christian Müller baptismal record|
Once settled in America, he started going by the name Charles E. Miller. His brothers and sisters, after coming to New York, continued going by Müller They ran clothes cleaning and dying businesses in New York City. Charles and Philomena lived on Charles' farm for a few years. Although German was their first language, both Charles and Philomena spoke English as well.
Around 1892, Charles and Philomena moved to Fort Madison, Iowa and lived there for the rest of their lives. They belonged to St. Mary's parish.
The Fort Madison "Evening Democrat" ran this article on October 21, 1923 concerning Charles' death:
Death Calls Well Known Resident of Ft. Madison Today Charles E. Miller succumbs at home this morning - lived here for 33 years.Fourth Generation
Charles E. Miller, for 33 years a well-known citizen of this city, answered the final summons at his home, 2132 Des Moines Street early this morning. The deceased was in his 71st year, having been born in Germany October 7, 1852.
Thirty-three years ago he came to Ft. Madison and has been a resident of this city ever since. A member of the Sacred Heart Church of this city and of the A.O.M.W., he is known to a large circle of friends who will be grieved to learn of his passing. With his wife the following children survive: Miss Anna Miller of Mazenod, Saskatchewan, Canada, Mrs. William Deverman of Denver, Colorado, Leo H., Carl and Cecelia at home. Funeral Services will be held from the Sacred Heart Church Tuesday morning at 9 o'clock. Reverend Fr. Peter Hoffman will officiate."
8. Johan Christian Müller was born on 6 Dec 1828 in Nürtingen, Esslingen, Württemberg. He died on 21 Nov 1899 in Nürtingen, Esslingen, Württemberg. He married Maria Magdalena Liebrich in 1852.
|The family record for the Christian Gottlieb Müller and Anna Maria Schach family. - Page 1|
|The family record for the Christian Gottlieb Müller and Anna Maria Schach family. - Page 2|
16. Christian Gottlieb Müller was born on 4 Nov 1798 in Nürtingen, Esslingen, Württemberg. He died on 6 Jan 1840 in Nürtingen, Esslingen, Württemberg. He married Anna Maria Schach on 11 Jul 1824 in Nürtingen, Esslingen, Württemberg.
32. Christian Gottlieb Müller was born on 19 Jul 1756 in Stuttgart, Baden, Germany. He married Elizabeth Dorothea Mannhardt on 8 Feb 1785 in Nürtingen, Esslingen, Württemberg.
|Christian Gottlieb marriage record to Elizabetha Dorothea Mannhardt in 1785|
64. Ernst Friederich Müller .Ernst married Eva Rosina Euchenhofer on 14 Feb 1746.
|Ernst Friderich Müller marriage record to Eva Rosina Euchenhofer in 1746|
128. Hans Jerg Müller .Hans married Anna Maria Bader on 23 Feb 1718 in Dettingen Erms, Esslingen, Württemberg.
|Hans Jerg Müller marriage record to Anna Maria Bader in 1718|
256. Johannes Müller