Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Eichstätt Church Records Coming to Matricula Online

If you look through my posts about my Dunzinger, Ziegelmüller and Seefried lines, you know that I've been looking forward to the Eichstätt diocese church records to be digitized and put online. The diocese has announced that it's happening! The church records will be posted to Matricula Online between now and March 2022.

Their page states:

The online publication of the church records of the diocese of Eichstätt is to take place in the period from December 2021 to March 2022 on Matricula Online https://data.matricula-online.eu/de/. Unfortunately, it is not yet possible to provide more detailed information on the date. As soon as a more precise time of the online publication is known, this will be announced on the homepage. 

According to this page, the records include the known towns my great-grandmother Elizabeth Dunzinger's ancestors are from, depending on the parish, as far back as the 1550s! Wemding, where my great-grandmother's family came from, goes back to 1570. Can you tell I'm excited?

The person that informed of this was the same person that provided all the great Seefried information. He found a town family book that is separate from the Seefried family history he previously provided me that contained incorrect information for the parents of my great-great-great-grandmother. This book provided what is believed to be the correct information for her parents. As expected, this connected me with the larger Seefried family tree in just a few generations. Yes, this is all still undocumented, but I am hopeful that will all change in the next few months.

If you have ancestors in the Eichstätt area, be sure to look into researching Matricula Online in the coming months.

--Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment